Even MAW Chance to Get Involved!
Malnutrition Awareness Week will take place again from 14th – 20th October 2019.
The Malnutrition Task Force is delighted to be working on #MAW2019 with BAPEN for the second time, following the success of last year’s campaign.
So get your thinking hats on, and let us know how you’ll be raising awareness during one of the busiest weeks of the year.
Why do MAW?
One in 10 older people in the UK are malnourished, or at risk of undernourishment. Malnutrition Awareness Week aims to:
- Remind everyone that losing weight isn’t ‘just normal’ for older people
- Ask everyone to look out for older relatives, friends and neighbours and be aware of the signs of unexplained weight loss
- Tell as many people as possible about the malnutrition self-screening tool: malnutritionselfscreening.org.
The campaign also calls on organisations and policy makers to:
- Make sure that all health and social care professionals have the training they need to spot and help malnourished patients.
- Raise awareness of the hidden problem of dehydration for older people and the serious impact it can have.
- Improve dental care for older people, and
- Make sure that everyone who needs it gets help with eating and drinking
So prepare to like, share and spread the word about malnutrition!