Every week we are going to bring you our recipe of the week for you to try at home.
As the Easter bank holiday is approaching, we thought we’d stick with the chocolate theme and this week’s top pick sounds like the ideal treat. Thank you to MTF Associate Member, Sarah Wren, for this great recipe for Grandma’s Chocolate Mousse.
Sarah enjoys “feeding the masses” and loves nothing more than busying herself with cooking for anyone who loves eating! Her grandmother was an inspiration for her love of food, and one of her family’s favourite recipes is Grandma’s chocolate mousse.
Grandma’s Chocolate Mousse
- 200g bar of good quality dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 284 ml double cream
- Break the chocolate into squares and gently melt it in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (or in a microwave if you prefer)
- Separate the eggs
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly
- Beat the egg yolks, then stir them into the melted chocolate
- Put the double cream in a large bowl and whisk until it is slightly thickened
- Fold the cream into the chocolate and egg yolk mixture
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks
- Gently fold the stiffened egg whites into the chocolate mixture
- Once combined, pour into one large, or several individual serving dishes, and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving
- This will keep well for up to three days in the fridge, but it is unlikely to last that long!
We think that sounds delicious...why not give it a try this Easter Weekend!